Look carefully at this picture. Please note two things:
- This picture is taken at the end of the season. During our Augusts in Canada, you would NEVER find this many flashlights in the actual flashlight spot. You are actually guaranteed NEVER to find a flashlight when you need one.
- The Green Alien Voice Changing Device.
In the picture, it's fairly easy to spot. In real life, you can't miss it. Thank you Godmomma Wendy. This was a birthday gift for John when he was quite young. If you want to give the gift that keeps on giving, give the Alien Voice Changer.
Every one of our children and our friend's children, our friends, their friends and probably the dog has used the Alien Voice Changer. It's been annoying the crap out of everyone for at least eight years.
Three more things to know:
- It's been designated an "OUTSIDE ONLY" device. This, of course, initially means nothing, you just have to keep on yelling that phrase to get it to go away.
- It's been forgotten and discovered so many times and used in so many different creative ways, that we have to make new rules for it ALL of the time.
- It is excellent to awaken teenage boys by younger sisters. Expect bruising and blood.
I don't know where the GM (godmother) found this delightful instrument of torture, but I think I need to find out and send her family one of it's own.
The real reason for the cottage is that you can send all of the obnoxious stuff people give you there--then, you can forget it for the better part of the year. However, then you only use it for one month of the year, and then, kids, well, it lasts almost forever.