Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Nice, Cool Frosty One At Pippi's

My youngest, Birk, kept asking me to go out to dinner at Pippi's. Dumbfounded, I asked around about a new restaurant named, "Pippi's." 

No one seemed to have heard of this fabulous, new restaurant, but they all wanted me to let them know where it was when I found it.

Months later, driving down the highway on vacation in Michigan, Birk shrieked, "Mom, there it is.  There's Pippi's."  

I looked out the car window and there was Pippi, braids and all above the word "Wendy's."


12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing ever! Personally, I think Pippi's has great chicken nuggets... ;-)

Veronica Lee said...

I love Pippi's chilli corn carne!

blueviolet@A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I believed you. I thought there was a Pippi's at first!

fivemonkiesreview said...

I am with Jennifer...best chicken nuggets. And the best chili.

I never realized how much "wendy" looks like "Pippy Longstocking"!

Stacie's Madness said...

well...at least now you know. :D

DawnS said...

Popped over to say thanks for the chuckle today - so cute!

hellosweetworld said...

Hehe....too cute! I figured it must have been Wendy's.

Parenthood For Me said...

That's too cute.

Swoozie said...

Pippi Longstocking! Wow! That takes me back!

Your Birk is brilliant and very observant!

AudreyO said...

Wow, I remember reading all of her books when I was a kid. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Deb said...

I feel pretty sheepish that I didn't make the connection, but I'm pretty tired!

We live in an area where the only Wendy's is on a side street way off the highway by the lumber marts--an area I barely ever go, let alone take my kids, too (I'm not a handy kind of girl, I save that for my husband).

I don't even know where she got this idea...but now I'm thinking we should go and get some chili and some nuggets :)

I am Harriet said...

Never heard of Pippi's. How funny