Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Nice, Cool Frosty One At Pippi's

My youngest, Birk, kept asking me to go out to dinner at Pippi's. Dumbfounded, I asked around about a new restaurant named, "Pippi's." 

No one seemed to have heard of this fabulous, new restaurant, but they all wanted me to let them know where it was when I found it.

Months later, driving down the highway on vacation in Michigan, Birk shrieked, "Mom, there it is.  There's Pippi's."  

I looked out the car window and there was Pippi, braids and all above the word "Wendy's."


12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing ever! Personally, I think Pippi's has great chicken nuggets... ;-)

Veronica Lee said...

I love Pippi's chilli corn carne!

Anonymous said...

I believed you. I thought there was a Pippi's at first!

Brandi said...

I am with Jennifer...best chicken nuggets. And the best chili.

I never realized how much "wendy" looks like "Pippy Longstocking"!

Unknown said...

well...at least now you know. :D

DawnS said...

Popped over to say thanks for the chuckle today - so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hehe....too cute! I figured it must have been Wendy's.

Anonymous said...

That's too cute.

Suzy said...

Pippi Longstocking! Wow! That takes me back!

Your Birk is brilliant and very observant!

AudreyO said...

Wow, I remember reading all of her books when I was a kid. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Deb said...

I feel pretty sheepish that I didn't make the connection, but I'm pretty tired!

We live in an area where the only Wendy's is on a side street way off the highway by the lumber marts--an area I barely ever go, let alone take my kids, too (I'm not a handy kind of girl, I save that for my husband).

I don't even know where she got this idea...but now I'm thinking we should go and get some chili and some nuggets :)

I am Harriet said...

Never heard of Pippi's. How funny