Monday, November 10, 2008

Life with Birk: The Beginning

Every kid is different.  This is one of the rules of life that lured me into teaching.  I loved that you could never predict what a kid was going to do or say.  There was never a magic formula that worked for all children...you had to feel your way along.  It was almost like being in the dark, and your hands had to trace a path to the light.  

I loved teaching, but when I had a little baby of my own, I had the gift of being able to choose to be a stay at home mom.  I honestly have to say I have never looked back.  I love being a mom and three kids later--the same reasons I loved teaching are some of the same reasons that I still find this job challenging, interesting and amazing.

Sure, sometimes my kids drive me crazy.  Truthfully, sometimes I drive them crazy, too.  I don't really know if I am still sane, but I'm working on it every day.



No comments: