Friday, July 17, 2009

More About The Ark: Maison Marecage 1916?

Maison Marecage* (or MM, the Maison, or the Marecage)  is the tiny "hipped roof," dark-colored, white-window-framed ark in the center rear of this photo.  It is referred to nowadays as being on the wide water of the creek.  As far as I can tell, this photo is from around 1916.

The MM is located on the boardwalk on a section known as "The Spur."  Therefore, anyone out on The Spur is called a Spur-ite.

*Pronounced something like:  May-zon Mare-ah-cahge, for people unfamiliar with French like myself.  This name came from the brilliance of our friend, Paula.  Due to my husband's continuing dismay over the name "Swamp House" and it's staying power, she suggested we use the French translation.  Apparently, anything sounds better in French.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree..anything sounds better in french...lol..

i am here from ‘follow me group’ at mbc..to let you know i am following you..

please follow me too…my rss feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheSelfLoveProject

i have 40$ worth giveaway on monday..do visit..