Thursday, February 4, 2010

To Fiddle On The Roof, Or Not

My kids love the theater. They love the singing, the acting, and the entire experience. We try to go as a family to one show a year--but the ticket prices keep going up and it's becoming akin to taking a vacation.

I looked into tickets for Fiddler in San Francisco. Mediocre seats were going to cost over $500 for our family of 5. I balked. Now, weeks later, the seats are worse and the price remains the same.

I read about Rush tickets. Has anybody done this? Are there any tricks to the trade so that you can take your kids to the theater and not have to sell one of them first to afford the tickets? How much are kids going for these days?

Is it worth it? Does the experience really effect them? I guess that's a personal question. Several friends have stopped "wasting" money on taking their kids to high cost performances.

Anyhoo, that's what's on my mind. It sure would be a nice world if kids could go to a Broadway quality production that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.


2 comments:

Terri said...

Best of luck on the tickets... I wish I could be of help but I know nothing about it.... Have a great weekend... :)

Terri said...

Best of luck on the tickets... I wish I could be of help but I know nothing about it.... Have a great weekend... :)