Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pie Grannies

Sitting at the church turkey supper in the local community center, I was amazed at the choice of home baked pies. Cherry, raspberry, peach, apple, blueberry, strawberry-rhubarb, lemon merangue, chocolate cream, raisin, maple, coconut cream and I'm sure many more flavors I've missed.

My mother in law's friend asked me what kind of pie I liked to bake. What? I didn't bake pie? My poor husband!

Meanwhile, I was over indulging in not one, but two pieces of pie. I had coconut cream and chocolate cream going at the same time. In order to maximize room in my stomch, I was skipping the crust. Obviously, this was not a calorie issue.

Two older ladies next to me were remarking to each other that I was missing the very best part.

The thing is, I've had more pie this summer in north eastern Ontario than I've had in my life. Every meal, comes with pie. Every guest that arrives, brings us pie.

I hate to say it, but I'm kind of over pie. Well, maybe not the filling, but certainly the crust.

In our hometown, the only time pie shows up is Thanksgiving. Most people don't even eat dessert. My biggest worry is that this pie habit is going to be hard to break....

1 comment:

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Hello! I am a new reader. Can't wait to see more from your blog! Please follow me back at The Nutritionist Reviews and Giveaways: http://couponclippingnutritionist.blogspot.com