Monday, March 7, 2011

Good Dogs?

Well, you might tout the necessity of a good dog, but let me tell you, I have a good dog and she's the queen around here. On football Saturdays, she's the one cuddled up on the couch next to my hubby. In the summer, they are out in the hammock and they're snoozing together in the sun.

Where am I? I am certainly not in a hammock. I am fully upright, managing the small things that add up to my big domestic life. You know, the life where most of the sentences start like this, "Mom, where's my..." and then you fill in the blank with some item that requires the detective expertise of Sherlock Holmes to find.

Our dog goes on runs with my husband. She goes out for coffee at the local cafe. She rides around in the car with him on his errands. I think my husband is actually dating the darn dog!

Am I jealous? Of course I am! I wish I didn't have to be the fun police of the family unit. Someone has to kick that man of mine off the hammock and make him change the freaking halogen light bulbs. Which is another topic, but, I think men invented those for sure!

And...every time I kick him out of the hammock, he loves me just a little bit less and that darn dog just a little bit more.

No comments: