Friday, April 8, 2011

I Love You, Lady With The Purple Paisley Suitcases

Yesterday, I was out shopping in a desperate way for one more table to match my patio set. This is sometimes what happens when you buy your patio furniture from Ross. I love the store, but you know if you are a Ross/Marshalls/TJMaxx shopper, you better buy it when you see it or forget about it.

A couple of months ago I bought four chairs and a little table. Last week, when actually trying the set out for the first time, I realized that I needed one more little table. Of course, when you are sipping wine and having snacks, you need room for it all. This meant the county wide search of all of the Ross stores was on.

On my third and last stop, I spied the matching table. Success! While waiting in line to swipe my visa, a very blond lady in front of me was purchasing two suitcases that were big enough to fit all three of my kids and our dog in.

Not only were these the biggest suitcases I've seen this side of a steamer trunk, they were the brightest paisley print of purple and hot pink that you can imagine. The woman was kind and friendly. You could tell she was just a little ray of sunshine that shared her warmth with everyone around her.

We are lucky people in this world to have these pockets of human kindness. There are so many scrooges out there that this Earth Angel gave enough light to blind one of them at least.

No comments: