Thursday, January 19, 2012

Glass Half Empty or Half Full: The "Honor Bar" in the Fairmont Gold Lounge

Flashback: three weeks ago to my last lounge experience in the closing KLM lounge at DTW. The hostess threw her hands in the air and declared to her co worker that the last costumers had opened two water bottles, dumped them into a plant, then filled them completely full of Grey Goose Vodka. The co worker shrugged and walked off.

Meanwhile, in the present, I was pouring myself a glass of red wine, and realized, this wasn't an open bar, it was a no host bar. The lady next to me filled her wine glass to the brim. Seriously, she had to sip before she walked away in order not to spill. I have been schooled well in the art of the pour, and you never fill more than half way.

I looked at my little ticket. I had to tick off my wine brand and initial my 5 oz. pour.

5 ounces? How much is 5 ounces? Maybe it is a whole wine glass, but somehow, I doubt it.

So, am I stupid to be pouring half a glass? Should I be filling it up, because I can and no one is watching?

No comments: