Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hello from California: Happiness is a Warm Puppy

Dear Friends,
A lot has happened in the last week. I am cuddling right now with 11 week old Roxy. She is sleeping on top of me like a newborn infant.

If anyone had told me two weeks ago that I'd be lying here with some kind of puppy that now looks like a dachshund, I'd think they were crazy.

No, clearly I am the crazy one. I now am going to smell like a puppy for the rest of the day. But, I'm very warm and cuddly myself right now.

You have to hand it to little Roxy, she's fit right into our chaos quite well. Ruth is in heaven and Birk is a puppy according to Roxy.

I am always surprised by what a magical influence animals have on our lives. Even the "men" in our household are won over. There is nothing like the pure joy you see in a puppy's entire body when it's happily vibrating from head to tail.

That kind of joy is a gift to experience and witness. I feel so fortunate.

Hope this finds you all cuddly and warm.

Deb

No comments: